Tenant Insurance

Bayleys recommended that tenants get insurance, as your landlord’s insurance policy doesn’t protect your belongings. You may also be liable for any damage you or your invited guests cause.

Even if you aren’t named on the tenancy agreement, e.g. a flat mate, you should consider getting:

  • contents insurance policy to protect your belongings.

  • personal liability policy to protect you in certain situations.

Tenants should seek further advice and information from an insurer about what protections they can receive from personal liability insurance.